Police appeal after woman raped in Whitechapel
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have launched an investigation after a woman was raped in the basement of a building in Whitechapel.
The 22-year-old victim was approached by a man in Hanbury Street, who followed her into the building and subjected her to a 20-minute ordeal.
He fled the scene leaving behind a dark body warmer and a grey hat he was wearing.
Today police have released two images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the rape which took place on November 9 at around 2.10am.
The man in the image is black, aged between 25 – 35 years of age and is wearing a grey jumper.
You may also want to watch:
The victim is being supported by specially trained officers and partner workers.
Anyone with information or who recognises the man pictured should contact officers at the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command on 020 8733 5999.
Alternatively you can call Crimestopers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19