Drug raids: 6 arrests in dawn swoops on east London addresses
- Credit: MPS
Six people including two women were arrested in dawn drugs raids in east London.
Police raided five addresses in a series of simultaneous operations early yesterday morning (July 7) led by the Met’s Central East command covering Tower Hamlets and neighbouring Hackney.
The six, all aged between 19 and 28, were arrested on “suspicion of drug supply” offences and were held in custody at an east London police station.
Cannabis and “evidence of drug supply” were said to have been found, according to Scotland Yard.
“We will continue working to disrupt criminal drug markets,” the detective leading the police net said later. “These arrests demonstrate our commitment to tackling drugs and organised crime in the community and the associated violence they’re known to bring.”
You may also want to watch:
The investigation targeted east London’s “gangs and drug dealing” based on intelligence gathering.
The operation also involved the Met’s Territorial Support group and sniffer dogs.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 3 Leyton Orient boosted by potential returns of Smyth and Drinan for Salford trip
- 4 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 5 Budding east London cricketers invited to watch The Hundred
- 6 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 7 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 8 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 9 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 10 Youngsters have put themselves in Jackett's plans at Orient says Pratley
Detectives are now appealing for public help to report anything about drug dealing by dialling 101 or tweeting @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.