Met worker jailed for oral sex with woman in custody at Bethnal Green police station
A shamed police worker who persuaded a woman to perform oral sex on him while she was being held in custody has been jailed for two years.
Kyle Adams pleaded guilty to misconduct in a public office after engaging in sexual activity with a woman while she was being held at Bethnal Green Police Station last year.
The 24-year-old was working as a dedicated detention officer at the station, in Victoria Park Square, when the offence took place in October last year.
Metropolitan police chiefs were made aware of the incident when the woman reported Adams’ conduct to the custody sergeant while she was still being detained at the station.
Police watchdog the Directorate of Professional Standards was informed, and Adams, of Harts Lane, Barking, was arrested later on the same day.
You may also want to watch:
He was suspended from his role on October 5, and resigned from his role in disgrace after being charged in April.
At a hearing at Southwark Crown Court on Monday, Adams was sentenced to one year behind bars and the second half of his sentence on licence in the community.
- 1 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt