Met worker jailed for oral sex with woman in custody at Bethnal Green police station
A shamed police worker who persuaded a woman to perform oral sex on him while she was being held in custody has been jailed for two years.
Kyle Adams pleaded guilty to misconduct in a public office after engaging in sexual activity with a woman while she was being held at Bethnal Green Police Station last year.
The 24-year-old was working as a dedicated detention officer at the station, in Victoria Park Square, when the offence took place in October last year.
Metropolitan police chiefs were made aware of the incident when the woman reported Adams’ conduct to the custody sergeant while she was still being detained at the station.
Police watchdog the Directorate of Professional Standards was informed, and Adams, of Harts Lane, Barking, was arrested later on the same day.
You may also want to watch:
He was suspended from his role on October 5, and resigned from his role in disgrace after being charged in April.
At a hearing at Southwark Crown Court on Monday, Adams was sentenced to one year behind bars and the second half of his sentence on licence in the community.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72