Met worker jailed for oral sex with woman in custody at Bethnal Green police station
A shamed police worker who persuaded a woman to perform oral sex on him while she was being held in custody has been jailed for two years.
Kyle Adams pleaded guilty to misconduct in a public office after engaging in sexual activity with a woman while she was being held at Bethnal Green Police Station last year.
The 24-year-old was working as a dedicated detention officer at the station, in Victoria Park Square, when the offence took place in October last year.
Metropolitan police chiefs were made aware of the incident when the woman reported Adams’ conduct to the custody sergeant while she was still being detained at the station.
Police watchdog the Directorate of Professional Standards was informed, and Adams, of Harts Lane, Barking, was arrested later on the same day.
You may also want to watch:
He was suspended from his role on October 5, and resigned from his role in disgrace after being charged in April.
At a hearing at Southwark Crown Court on Monday, Adams was sentenced to one year behind bars and the second half of his sentence on licence in the community.
- 1 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion