Mile End murder: Three teenagers arrested in South Yorkshire over Syed Islam stabbing
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating the murder of Syed Jamanoor Islam in Mile End have three teenagers in South Yorkshire this morning.
The trio aged 15, 17 and 18 are being questioned at a police station in south London in connection with the 20-year-old’s death on Tuesday.
Syed was stabbed to death in Wager Street at around 4.45pm. He was rushed to hospital but died shortly afterwards.
Detectives believe Syed was with his friends in Wager Street when he was approached by a group of males and a fight broke out in which he was stabbed.
An 18-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday and has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Tony Lynes, investigating officer, said: “We are still keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at that time and might have seen what happened or who has any information about the circumstances.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4868 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift