Mile End murder: Three teenagers arrested in South Yorkshire over Syed Islam stabbing
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating the murder of Syed Jamanoor Islam in Mile End have three teenagers in South Yorkshire this morning.
The trio aged 15, 17 and 18 are being questioned at a police station in south London in connection with the 20-year-old’s death on Tuesday.
Syed was stabbed to death in Wager Street at around 4.45pm. He was rushed to hospital but died shortly afterwards.
Detectives believe Syed was with his friends in Wager Street when he was approached by a group of males and a fight broke out in which he was stabbed.
An 18-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday and has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Tony Lynes, investigating officer, said: “We are still keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at that time and might have seen what happened or who has any information about the circumstances.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4868 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime