Mile End murder: Three teenagers arrested in South Yorkshire over Syed Islam stabbing
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating the murder of Syed Jamanoor Islam in Mile End have three teenagers in South Yorkshire this morning.
The trio aged 15, 17 and 18 are being questioned at a police station in south London in connection with the 20-year-old’s death on Tuesday.
Syed was stabbed to death in Wager Street at around 4.45pm. He was rushed to hospital but died shortly afterwards.
Detectives believe Syed was with his friends in Wager Street when he was approached by a group of males and a fight broke out in which he was stabbed.
An 18-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday and has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Tony Lynes, investigating officer, said: “We are still keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at that time and might have seen what happened or who has any information about the circumstances.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4868 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals