Mile End murder: Three teenagers arrested in South Yorkshire over Syed Islam stabbing
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating the murder of Syed Jamanoor Islam in Mile End have three teenagers in South Yorkshire this morning.
The trio aged 15, 17 and 18 are being questioned at a police station in south London in connection with the 20-year-old’s death on Tuesday.
Syed was stabbed to death in Wager Street at around 4.45pm. He was rushed to hospital but died shortly afterwards.
Detectives believe Syed was with his friends in Wager Street when he was approached by a group of males and a fight broke out in which he was stabbed.
An 18-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday and has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Tony Lynes, investigating officer, said: “We are still keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at that time and might have seen what happened or who has any information about the circumstances.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4868 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones