Man found stabbed on board night bus
- Credit: Isabel Infantes
A man is in a critical condition after being found stabbed on board a night bus in Mile End.
Police were called to Mile End Road shortly before 1am today (Wednesday, October 20) to reports of a man with a knife on board an N25 bus.
A 34-year-old man was found with stab injuries and given first aid at the scene before being taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service. He remains in a critical condition.
Two other men – aged 34 and 22 – suffered slash injuries and were also taken to hospital for treatment. Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said it sent three crews, two medics in a car and a clinical team leader, as well as dispatching London's Air Ambulance by road.
The spokesperson added: "We treated three men at the scene and took them all to hospital, one as a priority."
A 34-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. He was taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 7 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
Mile End Road has been closed westbound and Mile End station was also shut.
A crime scene remains in place and enquiries continue.
Anyone who witnessed what happened or who has information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 244/20Oct, or call 0800 555 111 to report information to Crimestoppers anonymously.