Minicab driver from Bow raped and molested female passengers returning from Shoreditch
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A minicab driver from Bow is facing jail for raping and sexually assaulting vulnerable women passengers after cutting off parts of their clothes.
Jahir Hussain, 37, admitted attacking three women after they had been out socialising in Shoreditch last October and December.
The first victim had fallen sleep in Hussain’s car and when she woke up she discovered her jeans and belt had been cut before he groped and assaulted her on October 21.
He struck a second time on December 2 when a woman, who had stepped into his car believing it was an Uber cab, fell asleep and woke up to find Hussain kissing her mouth and fiddling with his trousers as if he was doing up his buttons.
He attacked a third passenger hours later by touching her legs and lifting up her dress as she slept in the back of his cab.
You may also want to watch:
When she got home she noticed her tights and knickers had been partly cut off her body in an almost identical way to the first victim’s belt and jeans.
Yesterday at Snaresbrook Crown Court, Hussain pleaded guilty to two counts of rape, three counts of sexual assault, one of assault by penetration, fraud by false representation and battery with intent to commit a sexual offence.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
He will be sentenced on July 10.
London Crown Prosecution Service reviewing lawyer Catherine Wear said: “Hussain preyed on the vulnerabilities of women passengers, cutting the clothing of two of his victims and sexually assaulting them after they had passed out in the back of his cab following nights out in Shoreditch.
“The strong CPS prosecution case which led to today’s late guilty pleas showed that there could have been no question of these women consenting to any sexual activity as Hussain initially claimed.
“We are grateful to these brave women for having the courage to come forward and glad these admissions have spared them from any court appearances.”