Money and motorcycle taken in series of Isle of Dogs robberies on takeaway drivers
Takeaway delivery drivers are being targeted by a spate of robberies in Blackwall and the Isle of Dogs which has led to money and even a motorcycle being taken.
There have been seven robberies between February 8 and last Friday with pizza deliveries by motorcycle or moped the most common target.
Suspects, aged between 15 and 21, make orders using mobiles with “blocked” number and then give false numbers when asked.
The robberies have taken place in Manchester Road, Stewart Street, Barleycorn Way and Oak Lane.
Police are advising take-away companies to call their customers back to make sure calls are genuine.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call DC Otto Blom or Ash Rossiter at Bethnal Green Police Station on 0300 123 1212, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers