Money and motorcycle taken in series of Isle of Dogs robberies on takeaway drivers
Takeaway delivery drivers are being targeted by a spate of robberies in Blackwall and the Isle of Dogs which has led to money and even a motorcycle being taken.
There have been seven robberies between February 8 and last Friday with pizza deliveries by motorcycle or moped the most common target.
Suspects, aged between 15 and 21, make orders using mobiles with “blocked” number and then give false numbers when asked.
The robberies have taken place in Manchester Road, Stewart Street, Barleycorn Way and Oak Lane.
Police are advising take-away companies to call their customers back to make sure calls are genuine.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call DC Otto Blom or Ash Rossiter at Bethnal Green Police Station on 0300 123 1212, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Leyton Orient have a big summer ahead of them insists director Ling
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'