Money and motorcycle taken in series of Isle of Dogs robberies on takeaway drivers
Takeaway delivery drivers are being targeted by a spate of robberies in Blackwall and the Isle of Dogs which has led to money and even a motorcycle being taken.
There have been seven robberies between February 8 and last Friday with pizza deliveries by motorcycle or moped the most common target.
Suspects, aged between 15 and 21, make orders using mobiles with “blocked” number and then give false numbers when asked.
The robberies have taken place in Manchester Road, Stewart Street, Barleycorn Way and Oak Lane.
Police are advising take-away companies to call their customers back to make sure calls are genuine.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call DC Otto Blom or Ash Rossiter at Bethnal Green Police Station on 0300 123 1212, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning