Mother ‘kicked in stomach’ and racially abused after asking woman to stop swearing
- Credit: British Transport Police
A mother has been attacked in front of her children after experiencing a torrent of racial abuse on a Tube train.
The victim’s attacker allegedly began a 20-minute foul-mouthed tirade after being asked to stop swearing on an eastbound Central Line train.
The suspect then kicked the woman in the stomach, in front of her three young children, before leaving the train at Mile End.
British Transport Police today released CCTV images of the woman they wish to speak to regarding the incident.
Officers said the victim, who is aged in her 30s, and children boarded the train at Oxford Circus at about 6.30pm on Tuesday, December 28.
Her assailant racially abused her and her children, who were shouted at and threatened with kidnap, they added,
The attack reportedly took place after she stood up to challenge the offender.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 9 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
BTP ask anyone with information to text 61016 or call 0800 405 040 quoting reference 362 of 28/12/2017.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.