Mother ‘kicked in stomach’ and racially abused after asking woman to stop swearing
- Credit: British Transport Police
A mother has been attacked in front of her children after experiencing a torrent of racial abuse on a Tube train.
The victim’s attacker allegedly began a 20-minute foul-mouthed tirade after being asked to stop swearing on an eastbound Central Line train.
The suspect then kicked the woman in the stomach, in front of her three young children, before leaving the train at Mile End.
British Transport Police today released CCTV images of the woman they wish to speak to regarding the incident.
Officers said the victim, who is aged in her 30s, and children boarded the train at Oxford Circus at about 6.30pm on Tuesday, December 28.
You may also want to watch:
Her assailant racially abused her and her children, who were shouted at and threatened with kidnap, they added,
The attack reportedly took place after she stood up to challenge the offender.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
BTP ask anyone with information to text 61016 or call 0800 405 040 quoting reference 362 of 28/12/2017.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.