Mother ‘kicked in stomach’ and racially abused after asking woman to stop swearing
- Credit: British Transport Police
A mother has been attacked in front of her children after experiencing a torrent of racial abuse on a Tube train.
The victim’s attacker allegedly began a 20-minute foul-mouthed tirade after being asked to stop swearing on an eastbound Central Line train.
The suspect then kicked the woman in the stomach, in front of her three young children, before leaving the train at Mile End.
British Transport Police today released CCTV images of the woman they wish to speak to regarding the incident.
Officers said the victim, who is aged in her 30s, and children boarded the train at Oxford Circus at about 6.30pm on Tuesday, December 28.
You may also want to watch:
Her assailant racially abused her and her children, who were shouted at and threatened with kidnap, they added,
The attack reportedly took place after she stood up to challenge the offender.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
BTP ask anyone with information to text 61016 or call 0800 405 040 quoting reference 362 of 28/12/2017.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.