Mother ‘kicked in stomach’ and racially abused after asking woman to stop swearing
- Credit: British Transport Police
A mother has been attacked in front of her children after experiencing a torrent of racial abuse on a Tube train.
The victim’s attacker allegedly began a 20-minute foul-mouthed tirade after being asked to stop swearing on an eastbound Central Line train.
The suspect then kicked the woman in the stomach, in front of her three young children, before leaving the train at Mile End.
British Transport Police today released CCTV images of the woman they wish to speak to regarding the incident.
Officers said the victim, who is aged in her 30s, and children boarded the train at Oxford Circus at about 6.30pm on Tuesday, December 28.
Her assailant racially abused her and her children, who were shouted at and threatened with kidnap, they added,
The attack reportedly took place after she stood up to challenge the offender.
- 1 Bow flat fire caused by sunlight on glass bottle
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Fire brigade raises concerns over 51-storey Canary Wharf tower plans
- 4 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 5 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 6 Crossrail: Canary Wharf station ready as Elizabeth Line nears opening
- 7 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 8 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 9 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 10 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
BTP ask anyone with information to text 61016 or call 0800 405 040 quoting reference 362 of 28/12/2017.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.