Mother ‘kicked in stomach’ and racially abused after asking woman to stop swearing
- Credit: British Transport Police
A mother has been attacked in front of her children after experiencing a torrent of racial abuse on a Tube train.
The victim’s attacker allegedly began a 20-minute foul-mouthed tirade after being asked to stop swearing on an eastbound Central Line train.
The suspect then kicked the woman in the stomach, in front of her three young children, before leaving the train at Mile End.
British Transport Police today released CCTV images of the woman they wish to speak to regarding the incident.
Officers said the victim, who is aged in her 30s, and children boarded the train at Oxford Circus at about 6.30pm on Tuesday, December 28.
You may also want to watch:
Her assailant racially abused her and her children, who were shouted at and threatened with kidnap, they added,
The attack reportedly took place after she stood up to challenge the offender.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
BTP ask anyone with information to text 61016 or call 0800 405 040 quoting reference 362 of 28/12/2017.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.