Second man arrested on suspicion of murdering teenager near Crossharbour DLR
- Credit: Google Maps
A second man has been arrested in connection with a fatal stabbing near Crossharbour DLR station.
Muhammed Samir Uddin, 19, was pronounced dead at the scene on Friday, July 10.
Emergency services were called to Alexia Square, close to the station, at around 6pm.
Yesterday (Tuesday, July 14) a man aged 21 was arrested on suspicion of his murder and taken into police custody for questioning.
That same day, another man - Hamza Hoque, 21 and of Manchester Road, Isle of Dogs - appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He was also charged with the murder of a second teenager, 18, who was also found with stab wounds on Friday. He remains in hospital in a serious but stable condition
Police are continuing to appeal for information about Mr Uddin’s death and are asking for any witnesses to come forward by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 424 of 10/07/20.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 4 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.