Four arrested on suspicion of murder after Bow Common stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Four men have been arrested on suspicion of murder following a stabbing in Bow Common.
Police were called to St Paul's Way at around 4.30pm on Sunday and found two men with stab wounds.
They were taken to hospital where one, a 23-year-old man, was pronounced dead later that night.
Officers are yet to formally identify him but he has been named locally as Alom.
His next of kin have been informed and a post mortem is set to take place today (Wednesday).
You may also want to watch:
The second man, aged 25, has now been discharged from hospital.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command launched an investigation and four men - two aged 23 and two aged 19 - have now been arrested on suspicion of murder. They remain in police custody.
- 1 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 6 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 7 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 8 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 9 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 10 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
Police continue to appeal for information about what happened and anyone who can help the investigation is asked to call 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.