Murder detectives name victim of fatal stabbing in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Murder squad detectives have named the victim of a fatal stabbing in Poplar on Friday night, as four men are held in police custody in connection with the killing.
Formal identifcation still awaits, but detectives are satisfied the dead man is Liam Hamilton, 32, from Poplar.
A post-mortem examination was held earlier thsis afternoon (Sunday)) at Poplar Mortuary and established cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Police were called to Simpsons Road, at the junction with Poplar High Street, at approximately 10.10pm on Friday, 26 July following reports of a man with stab wounds.
He was taken by London Ambulance Service to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel ,where he died two hours later.
You may also want to watch:
Two men aged 35 and 36 were arrested initially with a third man, aged 27, arrested on Saturday.
This morning a fourth man, aged 29, was arrested after he attended an east London police station.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
All four have been arrested on suspicion of murder and are in custody at east London police stations.
Officers this morning successfully applied for a warrant of further detention for the two suspects arrested initially.
An incident room has opened under the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
Anyone who has any information about this incident is asked to call police on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.