Murder hunt launched after man shot and stabbed in Bow
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was shot and stabbed in Bow.
The 41-year-old victim was found in Eagling Close, yesterday evening at around 5.37pm.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers are appealing or witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
Detective Chief Inspector Gary Holmes, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “This was a violent murder that happened in broad daylight on a Saturday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be witnesses who have yet to speak with police who may have seen something significant. I want to hear from anyone with information, and in particular from anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious between around 4.20pm and 4.40pm in the area of Eagling Close.
“I am aware of a white female wearing pink trousers who was seen in Eagling Close around the time of the murder. Even if she doesn’t think she saw anything significant, it is vital that this person makes contact with police.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'
- 10 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
Two males have been arrested in connection with the murder and are in custody at police stations in east London.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information should call the incident room on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.