Murder hunt launched after man shot and stabbed in Bow
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was shot and stabbed in Bow.
The 41-year-old victim was found in Eagling Close, yesterday evening at around 5.37pm.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers are appealing or witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
Detective Chief Inspector Gary Holmes, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “This was a violent murder that happened in broad daylight on a Saturday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be witnesses who have yet to speak with police who may have seen something significant. I want to hear from anyone with information, and in particular from anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious between around 4.20pm and 4.40pm in the area of Eagling Close.
“I am aware of a white female wearing pink trousers who was seen in Eagling Close around the time of the murder. Even if she doesn’t think she saw anything significant, it is vital that this person makes contact with police.”
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 5 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 6 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
Two males have been arrested in connection with the murder and are in custody at police stations in east London.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information should call the incident room on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.