Murder hunt launched after man shot and stabbed in Bow
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was shot and stabbed in Bow.
The 41-year-old victim was found in Eagling Close, yesterday evening at around 5.37pm.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers are appealing or witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
Detective Chief Inspector Gary Holmes, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “This was a violent murder that happened in broad daylight on a Saturday afternoon.
“There will be witnesses who have yet to speak with police who may have seen something significant. I want to hear from anyone with information, and in particular from anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious between around 4.20pm and 4.40pm in the area of Eagling Close.
“I am aware of a white female wearing pink trousers who was seen in Eagling Close around the time of the murder. Even if she doesn’t think she saw anything significant, it is vital that this person makes contact with police.”
- 1 Archie Battersbee dies: Hospital staff showed 'extraordinary compassion'
- 2 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 3 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 4 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 5 Leyton Orient 'don't really need' Forest Green Rovers cup tie says Wellens
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 8 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 9 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 10 Extreme heat: Met Office issues warning as temperatures set to soar
Two males have been arrested in connection with the murder and are in custody at police stations in east London.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information should call the incident room on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.