Murder hunt launched as Bethnal Green man dies following shooting
Police have launched a murder inquiry after a 28-year-old man from Bethnal Green died this morning following a shooting in Islington.
Jayson Hassan was found with gunshot wounds after a shooting was reported outside Strang House in Britannia Row at approximately 4.30am yesterday.
He was taken to an east London hospital but died in the early hours of this morning.
A second man named Lee Wallace, 25, was pronounced dead at the scene at 5.07am.
Police believe that the victims, who were standing outside the building, were shot by two male suspects who approached on foot and made off in an unknown direction.
There are no further suspect details at this time and no arrests have been made.
Next of kin for both men have been informed and a post-mortem into Mr Hassan’s death will take place at St Pancras mortuary tomorrow.
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 6 Commercial Road flat damaged in Whitechapel blaze
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Two men sustained head injuries in Tower Hamlets commercial robberies
- 9 O's manager Jackett will evaluate team ahead of Northampton Town trip
- 10 Mandatory jabs could deal 'big hit' to east London NHS staffing, says health boss
An incident room has opened at Barking under Det Chief Insp Stephen Clayman from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
DCI Clayman said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
Anyone that can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.