Third murder hunt launched in Tower Hamlets this year after woman dies in Poplar
- Credit: MPS
A third murder investigation has been launched in the borough this year after a woman died from a neck injury at an address in Poplar.
Police and paramedics were called to a flat in an 18-storey block in City Island Way, at around 4pm yesterday evening following reports of an assault where they found the woman, believed to be in her 30s.
She was pronounced dead at the scene and has not been formally identified but police said her next of kin have been informed.
A 46-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after attending a south London police station today and remains in custody.
Police said they believe the victim and the arrested man knew each other.
You may also want to watch:
Last week police revealed a murder hunt had been launched in after a woman was found strangled in her flat in Hobday Street, Poplar.
The body of the 50-year-old was discovered by police officers at her home, on December 30 following concerns for her welfare.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 6 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
Her death was initially deemed unexplained but a special post mortem showed she died from strangulation.
She has not yet been formally identified.
Khalid Ashraf, 32, has been charged with the murder of his 35-year-old sister Sarah Ashraf, whose body was discovered at her home in East Ferry Road, Isle of Dogs on January 5.