Murder probe after body of man, 36, found in flat in Stepney
- Credit: Google
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after the body of a man was discovered in a flat in London’s East End.
They have arrested a man in hospital being treated for an injury and have charged him with suspicion of murder.
Police were called last night to the flat in Timor House in Duckett Street, on Stepney’s huge Ocean housing estate, answering a 999 call at 7.15pm reporting the discovery of the body.
Officers and an ambulance crew arrived at the flat and found a 36-year old man dead.
Next of kin have been informed, but police are still waiting for formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
Officers acting on a tip-off later arrested a 29-year-old man being treated in hospital for an injury to the hand and have charged him in connection with the death.
A post-mortem to establish exact cause of death is to be held at Poplar Coroner’s Court.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 5 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the investigation, Scotland Yard confirmed today, but inquiries into the circumstances of the death continue.
An appeal has been issued by the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command for anyone with information to call the incident room on 020-8345 3862, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.