Murder probe after body of man, 36, found in flat in Stepney
- Credit: Google
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after the body of a man was discovered in a flat in London’s East End.
They have arrested a man in hospital being treated for an injury and have charged him with suspicion of murder.
Police were called last night to the flat in Timor House in Duckett Street, on Stepney’s huge Ocean housing estate, answering a 999 call at 7.15pm reporting the discovery of the body.
Officers and an ambulance crew arrived at the flat and found a 36-year old man dead.
Next of kin have been informed, but police are still waiting for formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
Officers acting on a tip-off later arrested a 29-year-old man being treated in hospital for an injury to the hand and have charged him in connection with the death.
A post-mortem to establish exact cause of death is to be held at Poplar Coroner’s Court.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 3 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the investigation, Scotland Yard confirmed today, but inquiries into the circumstances of the death continue.
An appeal has been issued by the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command for anyone with information to call the incident room on 020-8345 3862, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.