Murder probe after body of man, 36, found in flat in Stepney
- Credit: Google
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after the body of a man was discovered in a flat in London’s East End.
They have arrested a man in hospital being treated for an injury and have charged him with suspicion of murder.
Police were called last night to the flat in Timor House in Duckett Street, on Stepney’s huge Ocean housing estate, answering a 999 call at 7.15pm reporting the discovery of the body.
Officers and an ambulance crew arrived at the flat and found a 36-year old man dead.
Next of kin have been informed, but police are still waiting for formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
Officers acting on a tip-off later arrested a 29-year-old man being treated in hospital for an injury to the hand and have charged him in connection with the death.
A post-mortem to establish exact cause of death is to be held at Poplar Coroner’s Court.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the investigation, Scotland Yard confirmed today, but inquiries into the circumstances of the death continue.
An appeal has been issued by the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command for anyone with information to call the incident room on 020-8345 3862, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.