Murder probe after body of man, 36, found in flat in Stepney
- Credit: Google
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after the body of a man was discovered in a flat in London’s East End.
They have arrested a man in hospital being treated for an injury and have charged him with suspicion of murder.
Police were called last night to the flat in Timor House in Duckett Street, on Stepney’s huge Ocean housing estate, answering a 999 call at 7.15pm reporting the discovery of the body.
Officers and an ambulance crew arrived at the flat and found a 36-year old man dead.
Next of kin have been informed, but police are still waiting for formal identification.
Officers acting on a tip-off later arrested a 29-year-old man being treated in hospital for an injury to the hand and have charged him in connection with the death.
A post-mortem to establish exact cause of death is to be held at Poplar Coroner’s Court.
- 1 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 2 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 3 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 4 Night Tube services to return on Jubilee line next week
- 5 Life-changing scheme helps young people with learning disabilities find work in east London
- 6 Aspire 'will work for everyone in Tower Hamlets' after winning majority
- 7 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
- 8 Local election 2022: Lutfur Rahman wins Tower Hamlets mayoral vote
- 9 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 10 12 people charged following east London drugs bust
Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the investigation, Scotland Yard confirmed today, but inquiries into the circumstances of the death continue.
An appeal has been issued by the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command for anyone with information to call the incident room on 020-8345 3862, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.