Murder probe after man, 20, found stabbed near Canary Wharf
A man has died during a stabbing incident on the Isle of Dogs in east London tonight.
Police were called to reports of a knife incident in Millwall involving several people in a cul de sac off Lanterns Way, at 7.20pm.
They found a 20-year-old who was pronounced dead at the scene half-a-mile south of Canary Wharf.
A murder investigation has now been started by detectives from the Met’s Homicide & Serious Crime Command as Scotland Yard launched an appeal a short while ago for witnesses.
Three others were injured in what appears to have been an altercation.
You may also want to watch:
Police have arrested a man and woman, who have been taken to separate police stations tonight for questioning while investigations continue.
Police know the identity of the man who died and have informed his next of kin, but he hasn’t yet been formally identified.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
Scotland Yard is appealing this evening for witnesses or anyone who was in Larson Walk, a cul de sac off Lanterns Way next to Millharbour, or anyone with information, to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.