Murder probe after man, 20, found stabbed near Canary Wharf
A man has died during a stabbing incident on the Isle of Dogs in east London tonight.
Police were called to reports of a knife incident in Millwall involving several people in a cul de sac off Lanterns Way, at 7.20pm.
They found a 20-year-old who was pronounced dead at the scene half-a-mile south of Canary Wharf.
A murder investigation has now been started by detectives from the Met’s Homicide & Serious Crime Command as Scotland Yard launched an appeal a short while ago for witnesses.
Three others were injured in what appears to have been an altercation.
You may also want to watch:
Police have arrested a man and woman, who have been taken to separate police stations tonight for questioning while investigations continue.
Police know the identity of the man who died and have informed his next of kin, but he hasn’t yet been formally identified.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend
- 10 Kitchen blaze sees warning issued over 'strange noises' from appliances
Scotland Yard is appealing this evening for witnesses or anyone who was in Larson Walk, a cul de sac off Lanterns Way next to Millharbour, or anyone with information, to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.