Murder probe after man, 20, found stabbed near Canary Wharf
A man has died during a stabbing incident on the Isle of Dogs in east London tonight.
Police were called to reports of a knife incident in Millwall involving several people in a cul de sac off Lanterns Way, at 7.20pm.
They found a 20-year-old who was pronounced dead at the scene half-a-mile south of Canary Wharf.
A murder investigation has now been started by detectives from the Met’s Homicide & Serious Crime Command as Scotland Yard launched an appeal a short while ago for witnesses.
Three others were injured in what appears to have been an altercation.
You may also want to watch:
Police have arrested a man and woman, who have been taken to separate police stations tonight for questioning while investigations continue.
Police know the identity of the man who died and have informed his next of kin, but he hasn’t yet been formally identified.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 Leyton Orient searching for a new manager as they bid farewell to McAnuff
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
Scotland Yard is appealing this evening for witnesses or anyone who was in Larson Walk, a cul de sac off Lanterns Way next to Millharbour, or anyone with information, to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.