Murder probe after man, 20, found stabbed near Canary Wharf
A man has died during a stabbing incident on the Isle of Dogs in east London tonight.
Police were called to reports of a knife incident in Millwall involving several people in a cul de sac off Lanterns Way, at 7.20pm.
They found a 20-year-old who was pronounced dead at the scene half-a-mile south of Canary Wharf.
A murder investigation has now been started by detectives from the Met’s Homicide & Serious Crime Command as Scotland Yard launched an appeal a short while ago for witnesses.
Three others were injured in what appears to have been an altercation.
You may also want to watch:
Police have arrested a man and woman, who have been taken to separate police stations tonight for questioning while investigations continue.
Police know the identity of the man who died and have informed his next of kin, but he hasn’t yet been formally identified.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 5 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 8 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 9 Youthful Orient side nab a draw away to Dulwich Hamlet
- 10 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
Scotland Yard is appealing this evening for witnesses or anyone who was in Larson Walk, a cul de sac off Lanterns Way next to Millharbour, or anyone with information, to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.