Murdered schoolboy, 15, named after street clash in Bethnal Green
- Credit: Archant
Police have today formally identified the schoolboy murdered in London’s East End during as street clash on Friday night.
The 15-year-old has been named as Joel Adesina, from Dagenham, who died in hospital in just hours after the clash in Bethnal Green.
An ambulance crew answering a 999 call at 11.30pm found Joel with a stab wound to the stomach.
Surgeons fought to save his life, but he died at the Royal London at 2.15am on Saturday.
Detectives are appeal for witnesses after the stabbing outside Padbury Court during a clash between a group of youths on foot and the occupants of a car. The clash carried on to nearby Gibraltar Walk.
You may also want to watch:
Joel was with the youths on foot. The area was later cordoned off.
Det Chief Insp Chris Jones said: “We want to speak to anyone who may have witnessed this or has information which could help our investigation as soon as possible.”
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 9 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 10 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
Witnesses or anyone with information about the clash just before the stabbing are being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 3734, the non-emergency line on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
An 18-year-old youth was arrested at the scene in connection with the incident. He was taken in for questioning, but later released with no further action.