Murdered schoolboy, 15, named after street clash in Bethnal Green
- Credit: Archant
Police have today formally identified the schoolboy murdered in London’s East End during as street clash on Friday night.
The 15-year-old has been named as Joel Adesina, from Dagenham, who died in hospital in just hours after the clash in Bethnal Green.
An ambulance crew answering a 999 call at 11.30pm found Joel with a stab wound to the stomach.
Surgeons fought to save his life, but he died at the Royal London at 2.15am on Saturday.
Detectives are appeal for witnesses after the stabbing outside Padbury Court during a clash between a group of youths on foot and the occupants of a car. The clash carried on to nearby Gibraltar Walk.
You may also want to watch:
Joel was with the youths on foot. The area was later cordoned off.
Det Chief Insp Chris Jones said: “We want to speak to anyone who may have witnessed this or has information which could help our investigation as soon as possible.”
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
Witnesses or anyone with information about the clash just before the stabbing are being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 3734, the non-emergency line on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
An 18-year-old youth was arrested at the scene in connection with the incident. He was taken in for questioning, but later released with no further action.