Naked man spotted walking the streets after Whitechapel murder
- Credit: MPS
Police want to identify a man, who was seen walking naked around Whitechapel shortly after a horrific murder took place.
Officers want to speak to anyone who saw the naked man between 4am and 9am on January 24, as well as anyone who found his discarded clothes near the murder scene in Ellen Street.
Tiparat Argatu, 43, was killed after sustaining fatal injuries to her head and neck, including stab wounds.
Police discovered her after being called at 8.17am to concerned reports about her welfare.
Detectives have today released a picture of the Thai national, who only moved to London in September last year to be with her husband.
David Cheres, 19, was charged with her murder and appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court on Wednesday (January 27) for an initial hearing.
The teenager is next due in court at the Old Bailey on April 16 for a plea and trial preparation hearing.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 9 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 10 Reports of man 'carrying metal pole' in Isle of Dogs
A 24-year-old man was also arrested but released with no further action. At this stage, nobody else is sought in connection with the investigation.
Anyone with information that could help police is urged to call the incident room on 020 8345 3865. Alternatively, call 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting ref CAD1612/21 Jan.