Pair raped vulnerable student after finding her drunk in Bethnal Green
Two “coldblooded” sexual predators, who took turns raping a student after plying her with booze, have each been jailed for 10 years.
Ebrima Dampha, 33, and Amadou Bah, 34, targeted the 22-year-old after spotting her drunkenly leaning against a shop front in Brick Lane, Bethnal Green.
The pair offered to accompany her home in a taxi, but then stopped at an off licence to buy more alcohol on the way.
They persuaded her to allow them into her flat and encouraged her to continue drinking, before raping her while she was barely conscious.
The duo then stole the woman’s iPhone and cash after the attack, in the early hours of January 6 this year.
You may also want to watch:
The woman has suffered significant trauma as a result of her ordeal, Snaresbrook Crown Court was told.
Both men insisted the woman invited them home for sex, but the jury convicted them of rape.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 8 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
Sentencing, Judge John Lafferty told Bah and Dampha: “You acted together and took advantage of a young woman who by virtue of her intoxication was extremely vulnerable, when any decent man would seek to assist her.
“You put forward an entirely spurious account suggesting this perfectly respectable young woman wanted to have sex with both of you.
“At one point you said that was both at the same time, a thoroughly outrageous suggestion which the jury had no hesitation in rejecting.
“The young woman was vulnerable because of her extreme intoxication and you took shameless and coldblooded advantage of that.”
Dampha, a drug dealer, was also handed a further six months in prison for possessing 11 bags of cannabis with intent to supply.
The men, who both live in Barking Road, Plaistow, will have to sign the Sex Offender’s Register for life on their release from prison.