Pair raped vulnerable student after finding her drunk in Bethnal Green
Two “coldblooded” sexual predators, who took turns raping a student after plying her with booze, have each been jailed for 10 years.
Ebrima Dampha, 33, and Amadou Bah, 34, targeted the 22-year-old after spotting her drunkenly leaning against a shop front in Brick Lane, Bethnal Green.
The pair offered to accompany her home in a taxi, but then stopped at an off licence to buy more alcohol on the way.
They persuaded her to allow them into her flat and encouraged her to continue drinking, before raping her while she was barely conscious.
The duo then stole the woman’s iPhone and cash after the attack, in the early hours of January 6 this year.
The woman has suffered significant trauma as a result of her ordeal, Snaresbrook Crown Court was told.
Both men insisted the woman invited them home for sex, but the jury convicted them of rape.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 9 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
Sentencing, Judge John Lafferty told Bah and Dampha: “You acted together and took advantage of a young woman who by virtue of her intoxication was extremely vulnerable, when any decent man would seek to assist her.
“You put forward an entirely spurious account suggesting this perfectly respectable young woman wanted to have sex with both of you.
“At one point you said that was both at the same time, a thoroughly outrageous suggestion which the jury had no hesitation in rejecting.
“The young woman was vulnerable because of her extreme intoxication and you took shameless and coldblooded advantage of that.”
Dampha, a drug dealer, was also handed a further six months in prison for possessing 11 bags of cannabis with intent to supply.
The men, who both live in Barking Road, Plaistow, will have to sign the Sex Offender’s Register for life on their release from prison.