Pervert who sexually assaulted Tube passenger travelling through Bethnal Green is jailed
- Credit: BTP
A “disgraceful” sex pest who targeted women using the Tube has been jailed for eight months.
Jamie Sierra-Ferrucho, of Florence Road, Plaistow, was handed the jail term on Friday having previously pleaded guilty to two charges of sexual assault and two counts of outraging public decency.
Blackfriars Crown Court heard how the 58-year-old had targeted his four victims in the space of just two months, all on different lines.
The first incident happened on January 21, where a 25-year-old woman travelling on the Central line between Bethnal Green and Holborn reported that a man was touching her inappropriately.
On February 20, a woman aged 24 was touched inappropriately by Sierra-Ferrucho on the Jubilee line between Canning Town and Green Park while he smiled at her.
The third offence happened on the Victoria line between Kings Cross and Finsbury Park on March 14. He was seen rubbing his groin and the victim - a woman aged 22 - took a photo of him to assist enquiries.
The final incident happened on March 20, between Morden and London Bridge on the Northern line. Sierra-Ferrucho started touching himself inappropriately after a 51-year-old woman and her daughter boarded the train.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 9 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
All four cases were linked and Sierra-Ferrucho was charged. In addition to the prison sentence, he was placed on the sex offender register for 10 years and handed a sexual harm prevention order for the same period of time.
DC Andy Parkinson from British Transport Police, said: “Sierra-Ferrucho is a serial sex offender who used the London Underground network to conduct his revolting deeds. Not only did he touch himself inappropriately in front of shocked passengers, he sexually assaulted two women.
“His behaviour was disgraceful and has absolutely no place on the London Underground network. I am pleased that the courts agreed and handed him a eight month prison sentence and a ten year sexual harm prevention order.”
He added: “I am very grateful to each of the victims who reported these incidents and supported the investigation. Without their help, it would have been very difficult to have brought the defendant to justice.”
To report a crime to the British Transport Police, call 0800 405040 or text 61016.