Police appeal after Isle of Dogs dumbbell attack leaves man partially blind
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a unprovoked violent attack which left the victim partially blinded have released the image of a man they would like to speak to.
The victim, a man from Essex in his 40s, suffered serious injures, including a cut to the head and some loss of vision in one eye, after he was attacked with a dumbbell on Harbour Exchange, Isle of Dogs.
Today police are appealing for information leading to the man pictured in the CCTV still.
Detective Constable Sharon Etheridge, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a vicious attack which appears to be totally unprovoked.
“The victim has been left with life changing injuries and I would urge anyone with information to get in touch.”
The suspect is a black man, aged around 20 years old, 6ft tall, of slim build with black hair, shaved at the sides.
He was wearing grey trousers and a black top with white detail on both arms.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 3 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 4 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 5 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 6 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 7 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 8 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 9 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
Anyone with information about the attack which took place on October 5 last year should call Bethnal Green CID - Team Two on 020 8217 3719, 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.