Police appeal after Isle of Dogs dumbbell attack leaves man partially blind
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a unprovoked violent attack which left the victim partially blinded have released the image of a man they would like to speak to.
The victim, a man from Essex in his 40s, suffered serious injures, including a cut to the head and some loss of vision in one eye, after he was attacked with a dumbbell on Harbour Exchange, Isle of Dogs.
Today police are appealing for information leading to the man pictured in the CCTV still.
Detective Constable Sharon Etheridge, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a vicious attack which appears to be totally unprovoked.
“The victim has been left with life changing injuries and I would urge anyone with information to get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is a black man, aged around 20 years old, 6ft tall, of slim build with black hair, shaved at the sides.
He was wearing grey trousers and a black top with white detail on both arms.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 8 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
Anyone with information about the attack which took place on October 5 last year should call Bethnal Green CID - Team Two on 020 8217 3719, 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.