Police appeal after Isle of Dogs dumbbell attack leaves man partially blind
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a unprovoked violent attack which left the victim partially blinded have released the image of a man they would like to speak to.
The victim, a man from Essex in his 40s, suffered serious injures, including a cut to the head and some loss of vision in one eye, after he was attacked with a dumbbell on Harbour Exchange, Isle of Dogs.
Today police are appealing for information leading to the man pictured in the CCTV still.
Detective Constable Sharon Etheridge, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a vicious attack which appears to be totally unprovoked.
“The victim has been left with life changing injuries and I would urge anyone with information to get in touch.”
The suspect is a black man, aged around 20 years old, 6ft tall, of slim build with black hair, shaved at the sides.
He was wearing grey trousers and a black top with white detail on both arms.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend
Anyone with information about the attack which took place on October 5 last year should call Bethnal Green CID - Team Two on 020 8217 3719, 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.