Police appeal after Isle of Dogs dumbbell attack leaves man partially blind
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a unprovoked violent attack which left the victim partially blinded have released the image of a man they would like to speak to.
The victim, a man from Essex in his 40s, suffered serious injures, including a cut to the head and some loss of vision in one eye, after he was attacked with a dumbbell on Harbour Exchange, Isle of Dogs.
Today police are appealing for information leading to the man pictured in the CCTV still.
Detective Constable Sharon Etheridge, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a vicious attack which appears to be totally unprovoked.
“The victim has been left with life changing injuries and I would urge anyone with information to get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is a black man, aged around 20 years old, 6ft tall, of slim build with black hair, shaved at the sides.
He was wearing grey trousers and a black top with white detail on both arms.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
Anyone with information about the attack which took place on October 5 last year should call Bethnal Green CID - Team Two on 020 8217 3719, 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.