Police appeal after Isle of Dogs dumbbell attack leaves man partially blind
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a unprovoked violent attack which left the victim partially blinded have released the image of a man they would like to speak to.
The victim, a man from Essex in his 40s, suffered serious injures, including a cut to the head and some loss of vision in one eye, after he was attacked with a dumbbell on Harbour Exchange, Isle of Dogs.
Today police are appealing for information leading to the man pictured in the CCTV still.
Detective Constable Sharon Etheridge, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a vicious attack which appears to be totally unprovoked.
“The victim has been left with life changing injuries and I would urge anyone with information to get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is a black man, aged around 20 years old, 6ft tall, of slim build with black hair, shaved at the sides.
He was wearing grey trousers and a black top with white detail on both arms.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Anyone with information about the attack which took place on October 5 last year should call Bethnal Green CID - Team Two on 020 8217 3719, 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.