Police appeal after man, 22, stabbed in Shadwell
- Credit: Google
Detectives are appealing for information after a man was stabbed several times in a street in Shadwell.
Officers and paramedics found the 22-year-old victim suffering from multiple knife wounds in Cable Street just before 6pm on Friday.
He was rushed to hospital where his condition has been deemed to be non-life threatening.
A 23-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and is being questioned at a police station in east London.
Det Con Megan Bushell, from Tower Hamlets CID, is appealing for anyone witnesses or information to come forward.
She said: “We have made one arrest and continue to build a picture of the attack which unfolded.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw a confrontation in the area before the attack and anyone who witnessed people running from the scene after the stabbing to come forward.
- 1 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 3 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 4 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 5 Roman Road shop blaze 'believed to be accidental'
- 6 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 7 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
- 8 Police appeal to identify man in investigation into Subway robbery
- 9 Jailed: 12 east London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
“Your information could prove vital to our investigation”.
Anyone with information should call Tower Hamlets CID on 101 quoting reference number CAD5861/1JUN or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.