Police appeal after man, 22, stabbed in Shadwell
- Credit: Google
Detectives are appealing for information after a man was stabbed several times in a street in Shadwell.
Officers and paramedics found the 22-year-old victim suffering from multiple knife wounds in Cable Street just before 6pm on Friday.
He was rushed to hospital where his condition has been deemed to be non-life threatening.
A 23-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and is being questioned at a police station in east London.
Det Con Megan Bushell, from Tower Hamlets CID, is appealing for anyone witnesses or information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We have made one arrest and continue to build a picture of the attack which unfolded.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw a confrontation in the area before the attack and anyone who witnessed people running from the scene after the stabbing to come forward.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
“Your information could prove vital to our investigation”.
Anyone with information should call Tower Hamlets CID on 101 quoting reference number CAD5861/1JUN or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.