Police hunting Aldgate sex attacker ask if you know this man
- Credit: City Police
Police have launched a public appeal today for help to identify a man they want to question following a sexual attack in Aldgate on Good Friday.
Detectives from the City Police public protection unit are trying to trace the man in connection with the incident in Creechurch Lane off Leadenhall Street, near Aldgate Underground station, at 2am on April 19.
“This attack was incredibly distressing for the woman,” Det Insp Anna Rice said. “We are urging anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV picture we have issued today to contact police.
“We don’t believe the perpetrator of this attack knew the victim and instead targeted her randomly.” They believe the man in the CCTV image can help the investigation.
“It’s important we apprehend the person responsible for this attack as soon as possible before they commit another offence,” the officer added.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone recognising him or has information is being urged to contact City of London Police on 020-7601 2122.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out