Police hunting Aldgate sex attacker ask if you know this man
- Credit: City Police
Police have launched a public appeal today for help to identify a man they want to question following a sexual attack in Aldgate on Good Friday.
Detectives from the City Police public protection unit are trying to trace the man in connection with the incident in Creechurch Lane off Leadenhall Street, near Aldgate Underground station, at 2am on April 19.
“This attack was incredibly distressing for the woman,” Det Insp Anna Rice said. “We are urging anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV picture we have issued today to contact police.
“We don’t believe the perpetrator of this attack knew the victim and instead targeted her randomly.” They believe the man in the CCTV image can help the investigation.
“It’s important we apprehend the person responsible for this attack as soon as possible before they commit another offence,” the officer added.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone recognising him or has information is being urged to contact City of London Police on 020-7601 2122.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 3 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy