Police hunting Aldgate sex attacker ask if you know this man
- Credit: City Police
Police have launched a public appeal today for help to identify a man they want to question following a sexual attack in Aldgate on Good Friday.
Detectives from the City Police public protection unit are trying to trace the man in connection with the incident in Creechurch Lane off Leadenhall Street, near Aldgate Underground station, at 2am on April 19.
“This attack was incredibly distressing for the woman,” Det Insp Anna Rice said. “We are urging anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV picture we have issued today to contact police.
“We don’t believe the perpetrator of this attack knew the victim and instead targeted her randomly.” They believe the man in the CCTV image can help the investigation.
“It’s important we apprehend the person responsible for this attack as soon as possible before they commit another offence,” the officer added.
Anyone recognising him or has information is being urged to contact City of London Police on 020-7601 2122.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 5 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 6 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 7 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 8 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets