Police appeal after woman sexually assaulted on bus between Whitechapel and Mile End
- Credit: Archant
Police would like to speak to this man after a woman was sexually assaulted on a bus as it travelled between Whitechapel and Mile End.
The victim, who is in her 20s, took a photo of the suspect who had been sitting next to her as she sat at the back of the 25 bus in the middle seat.
The suspect had got on the bus at Whitechapel and placed a backpack on his lap and appeared to be going through the bag before the woman was sexually assaulted.
The woman confronted the suspect and took his photo after he got off the bus outside Mile End tube station.
The suspect is described as Asian, aged between 60 and 65, with grey hair and a beard.
You may also want to watch:
Police have today released the image in an appeal to trace the man in connection with the incident which took place on July 2 at around 7.30am.
Detective Inspector Paul Smyth, from the roads and transport policing command, said: “We would like to talk to the man pictured about this sexual assault which left the victim shaken and upset.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 10 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
“Sexual assaults of this nature are totally deplorable and we will always investigate these types of offences thoroughly. If you know who this man is, we would like to hear from you.”
Anyone who recognises the suspect should call police on 101, Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.