Police appeal for information in relation to Bethnal Green Tube assault
British Transport Police are appealing for information in relation to an assault on a member of Tube staff at Bethnal Green station.
Officers have released CCTV images of two men they are trying to identify in connection with the incident on Saturday, March 17.
Two men were spotted by staff, at about 9.40pm, trying to exit the station without paying and were consequently asked to leave.
But the men got aggressive and assaulted a member of staff, punching him a number of times in the face.
The 32-year-old staff member suffered cuts, bruises and severe swelling to his face.
You may also want to watch:
PC Kevin Street, of BTP’s Workplace Violence Unit, said: “This was a vicious attack on a member of staff who was simply doing his job.
“I am appealing for anyone who recognises the men in the images to get in contact, as we believe they can help us with our enquiries.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Anyone with information should contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting log number B13 of 28/3/2012 or call CrimeStoppers Anonymously on 0800 555 111.