Police appeal for information in relation to Bethnal Green Tube assault
British Transport Police are appealing for information in relation to an assault on a member of Tube staff at Bethnal Green station.
Officers have released CCTV images of two men they are trying to identify in connection with the incident on Saturday, March 17.
Two men were spotted by staff, at about 9.40pm, trying to exit the station without paying and were consequently asked to leave.
But the men got aggressive and assaulted a member of staff, punching him a number of times in the face.
The 32-year-old staff member suffered cuts, bruises and severe swelling to his face.
You may also want to watch:
PC Kevin Street, of BTP’s Workplace Violence Unit, said: “This was a vicious attack on a member of staff who was simply doing his job.
“I am appealing for anyone who recognises the men in the images to get in contact, as we believe they can help us with our enquiries.”
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
Anyone with information should contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting log number B13 of 28/3/2012 or call CrimeStoppers Anonymously on 0800 555 111.