Police appeal for information in relation to Bethnal Green Tube assault
British Transport Police are appealing for information in relation to an assault on a member of Tube staff at Bethnal Green station.
Officers have released CCTV images of two men they are trying to identify in connection with the incident on Saturday, March 17.
Two men were spotted by staff, at about 9.40pm, trying to exit the station without paying and were consequently asked to leave.
But the men got aggressive and assaulted a member of staff, punching him a number of times in the face.
The 32-year-old staff member suffered cuts, bruises and severe swelling to his face.
PC Kevin Street, of BTP’s Workplace Violence Unit, said: “This was a vicious attack on a member of staff who was simply doing his job.
“I am appealing for anyone who recognises the men in the images to get in contact, as we believe they can help us with our enquiries.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
Anyone with information should contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting log number B13 of 28/3/2012 or call CrimeStoppers Anonymously on 0800 555 111.