Police appeal for party-goers to come forward after murder in Mile End
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating a murder in east London are this-morning trying to trace people at a Friday-night party in a house at Mile End—the fourth killing in just five months in the same neighbourhood.
A 21-year-old man was stabbed in a street brawl outside the house in Ropery Street, off Mile End Road, at 2.30am on Saturday.
Police and ambulance crew found Lamar Stewart in a pool of blood in Eric street nearby.
Lamar was treated at the scene by Air Ambulance paramedics before being taken to the Royal London Hospital at Whitechapel, where he died at 4.52am Saturday.
His family have been informed. A post-mortem examination is due to be held at Poplar.
You may also want to watch:
Lamar, from Mitcham in south London, was at a party in Ropery Street when a fight broke out which spilled out into the street.
“This was a brutal attack that has taken a man’s life,” Det Chief Insp Andrew Packer said.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“I need to trace as many people as possible who attended this party to piece together the events that led to this murder.
“The stabbing was in the street and would have been clearly visible to passers-by who may have been disturbed by the noise of the fight.”
Police urging witnesses or anyone with information to call the incident room on 020-8345 3865 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
It is the fourth fatal stabbing in the neighbourhood this year alone.
The killings began on April 11 with the stabbing of 21-year-old student Syed Jamanoor who died in his mother’s arms outside their home in Wager Street.
Two men were attacked 12 days later in a flat in Bow Common Lane, where 60-year-old Keith Sinclair died. His friend recovered in hospital.
Brenton Roper, 41, was shot and stabbed in a cul-de-sac off Campbell Road in May and died on the doorstep of a neighbour’s house.