Police appeal for information after nine women sexually assaulted in five weeks
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after nine women were sexually assaulted in five weeks around Poplar, Limehouse and Canary Wharf.
The attacks involved sexual touching, and took place between 6.30 and 8.40pm from September 6 to October 11.
Some are known to have occured around Blackwall Way in Poplar.
The suspect is a black male, around six foot tall and of a heavy build. He has been seen riding a bicycle, and is said to approach women on their own and touch them over their clothing.
An investigation is underway and officers are appealing to any victims who’ve yet to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Extra patrols have been put in place and neighbourhood officers are working to help identify the suspect.
Anyone who is walking alone around the area is reminded to remain vigilant.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 7 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 8 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 9 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
Those with information should call the Criminal Investigation Department at the Central East Command Unit in Tower Hamlets on 101.