Police appeal for information after nine women sexually assaulted in five weeks
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after nine women were sexually assaulted in five weeks around Poplar, Limehouse and Canary Wharf.
The attacks involved sexual touching, and took place between 6.30 and 8.40pm from September 6 to October 11.
Some are known to have occured around Blackwall Way in Poplar.
The suspect is a black male, around six foot tall and of a heavy build. He has been seen riding a bicycle, and is said to approach women on their own and touch them over their clothing.
An investigation is underway and officers are appealing to any victims who’ve yet to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Extra patrols have been put in place and neighbourhood officers are working to help identify the suspect.
Anyone who is walking alone around the area is reminded to remain vigilant.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
Those with information should call the Criminal Investigation Department at the Central East Command Unit in Tower Hamlets on 101.