Police appeal for witnesses after street brawl involving 20 men in Brick Lane
- Credit: MPS
Police in have released a CCTV image in a witness appeal to identify anyone involved in a late-night street brawl along Brick Lane in London’s East End.
They were called after reports of a large-scale fight by the corner of Fournier Street, outside the Jamme Masjit mosque, involving around 20 men on October 12.
Six men aged between 25 and 39 were arrested at the scene on suspicion of violent disorder and taken to an east London police station.
Another 14 are believed to have run off before officers arrived—these are the people detectives want to trace.
Two men aged 35 and 39, both from east London, were later charged with violent disorder and bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on October 30. The other four, all in their 20s, were released without further action.
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging witnesses who were in Brick Lane around 10.40pm on Sunday, October 12, or anyone with information, to call Tower Hamlets CID on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report