Police appeal for witnesses after street brawl involving 20 men in Brick Lane
- Credit: MPS
Police in have released a CCTV image in a witness appeal to identify anyone involved in a late-night street brawl along Brick Lane in London’s East End.
They were called after reports of a large-scale fight by the corner of Fournier Street, outside the Jamme Masjit mosque, involving around 20 men on October 12.
Six men aged between 25 and 39 were arrested at the scene on suspicion of violent disorder and taken to an east London police station.
Another 14 are believed to have run off before officers arrived—these are the people detectives want to trace.
Two men aged 35 and 39, both from east London, were later charged with violent disorder and bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on October 30. The other four, all in their 20s, were released without further action.
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging witnesses who were in Brick Lane around 10.40pm on Sunday, October 12, or anyone with information, to call Tower Hamlets CID on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures