Police appeal to find Poplar man in connection with Canvey Island cash con
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police are appealing for help to find a Poplar man after a woman in her 70s was conned out of cash.
Officers want to speak with Abul Sadruddin, 24, in connection with a reported courier fraud on Canvey Island, in which the woman was tricked into handing over a four-figure sum of cash.
Police received reports on December 4, 2019 that a man had called the victim and told her she was being scammed by her bank.
She was told to withdraw thousands before handing it to a man posing as a courier.
Mr Sadruddin, who is described as around 5ft 7in with a goatee style beard, has links to Tower Hamlets and Canvey Island in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who knows where Mr Sadruddin is or has information that may assist police is asked to call 101, report it via www.essex.police.uk or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 6 Jobi McAnuff reveals focus is on run-in, rather taking O's job permanently
- 7 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 8 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 9 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion