Police appeal to find Poplar man in connection with Canvey Island cash con
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police are appealing for help to find a Poplar man after a woman in her 70s was conned out of cash.
Officers want to speak with Abul Sadruddin, 24, in connection with a reported courier fraud on Canvey Island, in which the woman was tricked into handing over a four-figure sum of cash.
Police received reports on December 4, 2019 that a man had called the victim and told her she was being scammed by her bank.
She was told to withdraw thousands before handing it to a man posing as a courier.
Mr Sadruddin, who is described as around 5ft 7in with a goatee style beard, has links to Tower Hamlets and Canvey Island in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who knows where Mr Sadruddin is or has information that may assist police is asked to call 101, report it via www.essex.police.uk or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel