Police appeal to find Poplar man in connection with Canvey Island cash con
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police are appealing for help to find a Poplar man after a woman in her 70s was conned out of cash.
Officers want to speak with Abul Sadruddin, 24, in connection with a reported courier fraud on Canvey Island, in which the woman was tricked into handing over a four-figure sum of cash.
Police received reports on December 4, 2019 that a man had called the victim and told her she was being scammed by her bank.
She was told to withdraw thousands before handing it to a man posing as a courier.
Mr Sadruddin, who is described as around 5ft 7in with a goatee style beard, has links to Tower Hamlets and Canvey Island in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who knows where Mr Sadruddin is or has information that may assist police is asked to call 101, report it via www.essex.police.uk or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man