Police bail men arrested over rapper’s killing in Mile End nightclub
Police have bailed three men arrested in connection with the killing of a young Tottenham rapper at an East End nightclub for a second time.
The men aged 27, 25, and 23 were arrested and bailed after the fatal stabbing of 23-year-old Kelvin Easton at the Boheme nightclub in Mile End Road in March.
They reported back to police stations on May 17 and were bailed for a second time to report to police again at the end of June.
No further action will be taken in relation to a 17-year-old boy who was also arrested following Kelvin’s killing.
Aspiring rapper and father-of-two Mr Easton - who performed as Smegz - was attacked by a group of men at the club and collapsed down a flight of stairs where he died despite the best efforts of paramedics.
On Saturday his mother Julie Easton spoke of her grief on a tribute page on the Gone Too Soon website.
She said: “I no they say that it gets eaiser in time but i dont really no bout that coz as time goes by i seem to miss you so much more i just carnt get passed it you are my boy and my rock and im finding it so very hard to move on.”
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 5 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 9 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
Police offered a reward of up to �20,000 for information about the murder last month.