Police bail men arrested over rapper’s killing in Mile End nightclub
Police have bailed three men arrested in connection with the killing of a young Tottenham rapper at an East End nightclub for a second time.
The men aged 27, 25, and 23 were arrested and bailed after the fatal stabbing of 23-year-old Kelvin Easton at the Boheme nightclub in Mile End Road in March.
They reported back to police stations on May 17 and were bailed for a second time to report to police again at the end of June.
No further action will be taken in relation to a 17-year-old boy who was also arrested following Kelvin’s killing.
Aspiring rapper and father-of-two Mr Easton - who performed as Smegz - was attacked by a group of men at the club and collapsed down a flight of stairs where he died despite the best efforts of paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday his mother Julie Easton spoke of her grief on a tribute page on the Gone Too Soon website.
She said: “I no they say that it gets eaiser in time but i dont really no bout that coz as time goes by i seem to miss you so much more i just carnt get passed it you are my boy and my rock and im finding it so very hard to move on.”
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 8 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 9 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 10 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
Police offered a reward of up to �20,000 for information about the murder last month.