Police bail men arrested over rapper’s killing in Mile End nightclub
Police have bailed three men arrested in connection with the killing of a young Tottenham rapper at an East End nightclub for a second time.
The men aged 27, 25, and 23 were arrested and bailed after the fatal stabbing of 23-year-old Kelvin Easton at the Boheme nightclub in Mile End Road in March.
They reported back to police stations on May 17 and were bailed for a second time to report to police again at the end of June.
No further action will be taken in relation to a 17-year-old boy who was also arrested following Kelvin’s killing.
Aspiring rapper and father-of-two Mr Easton - who performed as Smegz - was attacked by a group of men at the club and collapsed down a flight of stairs where he died despite the best efforts of paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday his mother Julie Easton spoke of her grief on a tribute page on the Gone Too Soon website.
She said: “I no they say that it gets eaiser in time but i dont really no bout that coz as time goes by i seem to miss you so much more i just carnt get passed it you are my boy and my rock and im finding it so very hard to move on.”
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
Police offered a reward of up to �20,000 for information about the murder last month.