Police appeal after assault on board Central line train at Liverpool Street
- Credit: British Transport Police
Police want to speak to a man in connection with an assault on a Central line train between travelling from Bank to Liverpool Street.
Just before 10pm on June 26 a man got on a train at Bank and began to confront another passenger.
A man “boarded at Bank station and started to verbally abuse a passenger before physically assaulting and threatening him”, according to a British Transport Police spokesman.
The victim then left the train at Liverpool Street “visibly shaken”.
He added: “Officers would like to speak to the man in the CCTV image because they believe he may have some information which could help the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
If you recognise the man contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016, quoting 339 of 6 August.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 4 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 7 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 8 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 9 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust