Police hunt teenage attacker after woman sexually assaulted in Bow
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old woman was sexually assaulted in an old cemetery in Bow in broad daylight – and detectives are hunting the teenage boy behind the attack.
The victim was walking through Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park in Bow Common Lane when a youth followed her inside and grabbed her at about 3.30pm on Friday.
“He sexually assaulted her by touching her,” a Tower Hamlets police spokeswoman said. “He then made off towards Devons Road.
“The suspect is described as an Asian male aged approximately 16 years, approximately 5ft 10in.”
Police believe the youth was carrying a blue Adidas bag with a white Adidas logo, and was wearing dark trousers, black shoes, and a blue quilted jacket.
Anyone with information about the assault should contact Det Con Shoaib Iqbal at Limehouse Police Station on 0207 275 4694, quoting crime reference number 4207309/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed