Police hunt teenage attacker after woman sexually assaulted in Bow
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old woman was sexually assaulted in an old cemetery in Bow in broad daylight – and detectives are hunting the teenage boy behind the attack.
The victim was walking through Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park in Bow Common Lane when a youth followed her inside and grabbed her at about 3.30pm on Friday.
“He sexually assaulted her by touching her,” a Tower Hamlets police spokeswoman said. “He then made off towards Devons Road.
“The suspect is described as an Asian male aged approximately 16 years, approximately 5ft 10in.”
Police believe the youth was carrying a blue Adidas bag with a white Adidas logo, and was wearing dark trousers, black shoes, and a blue quilted jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the assault should contact Det Con Shoaib Iqbal at Limehouse Police Station on 0207 275 4694, quoting crime reference number 4207309/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage