Police hunt teenage attacker after woman sexually assaulted in Bow
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old woman was sexually assaulted in an old cemetery in Bow in broad daylight – and detectives are hunting the teenage boy behind the attack.
The victim was walking through Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park in Bow Common Lane when a youth followed her inside and grabbed her at about 3.30pm on Friday.
“He sexually assaulted her by touching her,” a Tower Hamlets police spokeswoman said. “He then made off towards Devons Road.
“The suspect is described as an Asian male aged approximately 16 years, approximately 5ft 10in.”
Police believe the youth was carrying a blue Adidas bag with a white Adidas logo, and was wearing dark trousers, black shoes, and a blue quilted jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the assault should contact Det Con Shoaib Iqbal at Limehouse Police Station on 0207 275 4694, quoting crime reference number 4207309/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 7 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 10 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip