Police investigating attempted shipping of drugs in parcel to Romania
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating the attempted illegal exportation of drugs have released a picture of a man they wish to speak to.
Officers were called to a mailing and delivery service in Wapping after a shipment to Romania was stopped when the package was found to contain around 40g of crack cocaine.
Enquiries into the incident, which took place on Friday, August 24, subsequently found that the parcel had originally been sent via the Ryman shop in Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, which allows goods to be sent from it.
Officers recovered CCTV footage and are now keen to identify and speak with a man, whose image they have released.
Anyone who recognises him or has any information is asked to call Tower Hamlets Police on 101 quoting CAD7735/22AUG or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided