Police investigating attempted shipping of drugs in parcel to Romania
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating the attempted illegal exportation of drugs have released a picture of a man they wish to speak to.
Officers were called to a mailing and delivery service in Wapping after a shipment to Romania was stopped when the package was found to contain around 40g of crack cocaine.
Enquiries into the incident, which took place on Friday, August 24, subsequently found that the parcel had originally been sent via the Ryman shop in Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, which allows goods to be sent from it.
Officers recovered CCTV footage and are now keen to identify and speak with a man, whose image they have released.
Anyone who recognises him or has any information is asked to call Tower Hamlets Police on 101 quoting CAD7735/22AUG or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 6 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart