Police investigating attempted shipping of drugs in parcel to Romania
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating the attempted illegal exportation of drugs have released a picture of a man they wish to speak to.
Officers were called to a mailing and delivery service in Wapping after a shipment to Romania was stopped when the package was found to contain around 40g of crack cocaine.
Enquiries into the incident, which took place on Friday, August 24, subsequently found that the parcel had originally been sent via the Ryman shop in Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, which allows goods to be sent from it.
Officers recovered CCTV footage and are now keen to identify and speak with a man, whose image they have released.
Anyone who recognises him or has any information is asked to call Tower Hamlets Police on 101 quoting CAD7735/22AUG or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 7 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 8 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 9 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion