Police investigating attempted shipping of drugs in parcel to Romania
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating the attempted illegal exportation of drugs have released a picture of a man they wish to speak to.
Officers were called to a mailing and delivery service in Wapping after a shipment to Romania was stopped when the package was found to contain around 40g of crack cocaine.
Enquiries into the incident, which took place on Friday, August 24, subsequently found that the parcel had originally been sent via the Ryman shop in Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, which allows goods to be sent from it.
Officers recovered CCTV footage and are now keen to identify and speak with a man, whose image they have released.
Anyone who recognises him or has any information is asked to call Tower Hamlets Police on 101 quoting CAD7735/22AUG or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 2 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'