Police name man wanted for questioning about nightclub stabbing in Vauxhall
- Credit: MPS
Police named a 20-year-old on a ‘wanted’ list for questioning about a double stabbing incident at a London nightclub claiming his family may be shielding him.
They want to quiz Alfie Gibbs from Bethnal Green who they say was with a group of friends who got into a fight with bouncers at a nightclub in Vauxhall on March 26.
Two door staff members were stabbed, leaving them with in substantial injuries.
Gibbs’ friends have been questioned and are currently on police bail, but he himself hasn’t been traced, even though detectives have called several times at his family’s home in St Peter’s Close, off Hackney Road.
“If Alfie reads this appeal then he should do the right thing and speak to us,” Alex Watson from the Met’s Fugitive Unit at Lambeth told the East London Advertiser. “The investigation is still open and we need his account.
You may also want to watch:
“He needs questioning following the double stabbing. His family must not confuse their loyalties with assisting an offender. We have a duty of care to two victims and our enquiries will continue.”
Detectives say they need to speak him “even if just to eliminate him from our inquiry”. They have spoken to his family and believe he is in contact with them.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 8 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 9 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
“Every time we ask about him they’ve updated the situation,” a spokesman said. “So they must be in contact with him. Eventually he has to come forward.”
Gibbs’ mugshot was screened on BBC Crimewatch last month on a list of unsolved cases where they want to question suspects.