Police name man wanted for questioning about nightclub stabbing in Vauxhall
- Credit: MPS
Police named a 20-year-old on a ‘wanted’ list for questioning about a double stabbing incident at a London nightclub claiming his family may be shielding him.
They want to quiz Alfie Gibbs from Bethnal Green who they say was with a group of friends who got into a fight with bouncers at a nightclub in Vauxhall on March 26.
Two door staff members were stabbed, leaving them with in substantial injuries.
Gibbs’ friends have been questioned and are currently on police bail, but he himself hasn’t been traced, even though detectives have called several times at his family’s home in St Peter’s Close, off Hackney Road.
“If Alfie reads this appeal then he should do the right thing and speak to us,” Alex Watson from the Met’s Fugitive Unit at Lambeth told the East London Advertiser. “The investigation is still open and we need his account.
You may also want to watch:
“He needs questioning following the double stabbing. His family must not confuse their loyalties with assisting an offender. We have a duty of care to two victims and our enquiries will continue.”
Detectives say they need to speak him “even if just to eliminate him from our inquiry”. They have spoken to his family and believe he is in contact with them.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 7 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
“Every time we ask about him they’ve updated the situation,” a spokesman said. “So they must be in contact with him. Eventually he has to come forward.”
Gibbs’ mugshot was screened on BBC Crimewatch last month on a list of unsolved cases where they want to question suspects.