Police release photo of Islington murder victim
The police today (Thursday) released a photo of Bethnal Green man Jayson Hassan who died in hospital yesterday after being shot on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old of Horatio Street was found with gunshot wounds following reports of a shooting outside Strang House in Britannia Row, Islington.
Police were called at approximately 4.30am.
He was taken to an east London hospital but died in the early hours of yesterday morning.
A second man named Lee Wallace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, was pronounced dead at the scene at 5.07am.
Police are conducting a murder inquiry and believe that the victims, who were standing outside the building, were shot by two male suspects who approached on foot and made off in an unknown direction.
There are no further suspect details at this time.
- 1 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 4 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 5 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 6 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 7 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 8 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 9 Ex-kickboxing champ aims to 'shake up fitness world' with new gym
- 10 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
Next of kin for both men have been informed.
Det Chief Insp Stephen Clayman, who has been placed in charge of the incident room in Barking, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
Anyone that can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.