Police release photo of Islington murder victim
The police today (Thursday) released a photo of Bethnal Green man Jayson Hassan who died in hospital yesterday after being shot on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old of Horatio Street was found with gunshot wounds following reports of a shooting outside Strang House in Britannia Row, Islington.
Police were called at approximately 4.30am.
He was taken to an east London hospital but died in the early hours of yesterday morning.
A second man named Lee Wallace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, was pronounced dead at the scene at 5.07am.
You may also want to watch:
Police are conducting a murder inquiry and believe that the victims, who were standing outside the building, were shot by two male suspects who approached on foot and made off in an unknown direction.
There are no further suspect details at this time.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
Next of kin for both men have been informed.
Det Chief Insp Stephen Clayman, who has been placed in charge of the incident room in Barking, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
Anyone that can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.