Police release photo of Islington murder victim
The police today (Thursday) released a photo of Bethnal Green man Jayson Hassan who died in hospital yesterday after being shot on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old of Horatio Street was found with gunshot wounds following reports of a shooting outside Strang House in Britannia Row, Islington.
Police were called at approximately 4.30am.
He was taken to an east London hospital but died in the early hours of yesterday morning.
A second man named Lee Wallace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, was pronounced dead at the scene at 5.07am.
You may also want to watch:
Police are conducting a murder inquiry and believe that the victims, who were standing outside the building, were shot by two male suspects who approached on foot and made off in an unknown direction.
There are no further suspect details at this time.
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
Next of kin for both men have been informed.
Det Chief Insp Stephen Clayman, who has been placed in charge of the incident room in Barking, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
Anyone that can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.