Police seize drugs and £20k in cash during dawn raids in Stepney
- Credit: MPS
Police have found more than £20,000 in cash and thousands of pounds worth of drugs during dawn raids at five addresses in Stepney this morning.
Ketamine, crack cocaine and heroin were all found by officers.
Four people were arrested and are currently in police custody.
The Met's Tower Hamlets gangs taskforce partnered with the council, as well as Safer Neighbourhoods and the Territorial Support Group for the bust.
Officers tweeted about the raids this morning.
You may also want to watch:
This story will be updated
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom