Police seize drugs and £20k in cash during dawn raids in Stepney
- Credit: MPS
Police have found more than £20,000 in cash and thousands of pounds worth of drugs during dawn raids at five addresses in Stepney this morning.
Ketamine, crack cocaine and heroin were all found by officers.
Four people were arrested and are currently in police custody.
The Met's Tower Hamlets gangs taskforce partnered with the council, as well as Safer Neighbourhoods and the Territorial Support Group for the bust.
Officers tweeted about the raids this morning.
You may also want to watch:
This story will be updated
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 5 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 6 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 7 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'