Police seize �4,000 and arrest four
Police seized �4,000 in cash and arrested four people in Tower Hamlets yesterday during increased patrols.
The patrols were part of the Met’s Operation Target, focused on tackling crime against people and property in the capital.
Police were out in force in Canary Wharf, Westferry Circus and Mile End during last Wednesday’s operation.
The four arrests included offences for possession of cannabis and proceeds relating to crime, as well as drunk and disorderly behavior.
Officers also seized �4,000 in cash, from people in the street, believed to be proceeds of crime.
You may also want to watch:
Eight cannabis warnings were also given and one person was reported for a traffic offence.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning