Police seize �4,000 and arrest four
Police seized �4,000 in cash and arrested four people in Tower Hamlets yesterday during increased patrols.
The patrols were part of the Met’s Operation Target, focused on tackling crime against people and property in the capital.
Police were out in force in Canary Wharf, Westferry Circus and Mile End during last Wednesday’s operation.
The four arrests included offences for possession of cannabis and proceeds relating to crime, as well as drunk and disorderly behavior.
Officers also seized �4,000 in cash, from people in the street, believed to be proceeds of crime.
You may also want to watch:
Eight cannabis warnings were also given and one person was reported for a traffic offence.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 8 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water