Police seize �4,000 and arrest four
Police seized �4,000 in cash and arrested four people in Tower Hamlets yesterday during increased patrols.
The patrols were part of the Met’s Operation Target, focused on tackling crime against people and property in the capital.
Police were out in force in Canary Wharf, Westferry Circus and Mile End during last Wednesday’s operation.
The four arrests included offences for possession of cannabis and proceeds relating to crime, as well as drunk and disorderly behavior.
Officers also seized �4,000 in cash, from people in the street, believed to be proceeds of crime.
You may also want to watch:
Eight cannabis warnings were also given and one person was reported for a traffic offence.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 3 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 4 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report