Police seize �4,000 and arrest four
Police seized �4,000 in cash and arrested four people in Tower Hamlets yesterday during increased patrols.
The patrols were part of the Met’s Operation Target, focused on tackling crime against people and property in the capital.
Police were out in force in Canary Wharf, Westferry Circus and Mile End during last Wednesday’s operation.
The four arrests included offences for possession of cannabis and proceeds relating to crime, as well as drunk and disorderly behavior.
Officers also seized �4,000 in cash, from people in the street, believed to be proceeds of crime.
You may also want to watch:
Eight cannabis warnings were also given and one person was reported for a traffic offence.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines