Police siege ends in Bow as man is tasered by police
A police siege situation in Bow has come to an end after a man was tasered by police.
Officers attended a property in Jodrell Road at 7am this morning to assist in carrying out a mental health assessment on a man in his 20s,
The man was due to be sectioned, but barricaded himself in the kitchen of his property with a knife when police arrived. A negotiator was then called to the scene.
At around 2.30pm the man was escorted from the scene having been tasered by police. He is now being detained in a psychiatric unit.
Greg Chastang, who lives in a flat opposite the scene, said: “There were lots of police on the scene. I don’t know if that’s because of what happened in Manchester, but they were very geared up. It did seem like a lot.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw two police walk the guy out. He was walking very slowly and they were holding him up, so he did look like someone who had been tased.”
Most of the police have now left the scene and the man is being detained in a psychiatric unit of a hospital, police have confirmed.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel