Police taskforce to tackle gangs and prostitution in Tower Hamlets
A specialist taskforce designed to clampdown on prostitution, gangs and anti-social behaviour has been unveiled.
The squad of 19 officers will be deployed across Tower Hamlets to tackle gang culture and infiltrate organised drug supply channels.
Teams will be deployed to tackle drugs, vice girls and anti-social behaviour.
Among those joining the taskforce is PC Turner, who said: “I am looking forward to building on the existing work which has been done to reduce anti-social behaviour and make the borough a safer place.”
The team, which is funded by Tower Hamlets Council, met members of the public at Chrisp Street Market, Poplar on June 7.
The borough’s deputy mayor Cllr Ohid Ahmed said: “Our new team of officers sends out a strong message that we will not tolerate anti-social behaviour and will continue to double our efforts to stamp it out to ensure residents have a good quality of life.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 8 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi