Police taskforce to tackle gangs and prostitution in Tower Hamlets
A specialist taskforce designed to clampdown on prostitution, gangs and anti-social behaviour has been unveiled.
The squad of 19 officers will be deployed across Tower Hamlets to tackle gang culture and infiltrate organised drug supply channels.
Teams will be deployed to tackle drugs, vice girls and anti-social behaviour.
Among those joining the taskforce is PC Turner, who said: “I am looking forward to building on the existing work which has been done to reduce anti-social behaviour and make the borough a safer place.”
The team, which is funded by Tower Hamlets Council, met members of the public at Chrisp Street Market, Poplar on June 7.
You may also want to watch:
The borough’s deputy mayor Cllr Ohid Ahmed said: “Our new team of officers sends out a strong message that we will not tolerate anti-social behaviour and will continue to double our efforts to stamp it out to ensure residents have a good quality of life.”
- 1 Shamima Begum will find out this week if she can return from Syria
- 2 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Shamima Begum cannot return to UK, Supreme Court rules
- 5 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 6 Flower markets appeal to be allowed to open in time for Mother's Day
- 7 Cigarette sparks fire in Poplar block of flats
- 8 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl
- 9 Fear of mental health crisis as loneliness rises among disabled
- 10 Police raid cannabis cafe in 200-year-old Whitechapel building