Police taskforce to tackle gangs and prostitution in Tower Hamlets
A specialist taskforce designed to clampdown on prostitution, gangs and anti-social behaviour has been unveiled.
The squad of 19 officers will be deployed across Tower Hamlets to tackle gang culture and infiltrate organised drug supply channels.
Teams will be deployed to tackle drugs, vice girls and anti-social behaviour.
Among those joining the taskforce is PC Turner, who said: “I am looking forward to building on the existing work which has been done to reduce anti-social behaviour and make the borough a safer place.”
The team, which is funded by Tower Hamlets Council, met members of the public at Chrisp Street Market, Poplar on June 7.
You may also want to watch:
The borough’s deputy mayor Cllr Ohid Ahmed said: “Our new team of officers sends out a strong message that we will not tolerate anti-social behaviour and will continue to double our efforts to stamp it out to ensure residents have a good quality of life.”
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 10 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM