Hunt for man who carried out series of sex assaults on women
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating a series of sexual assaults have released pictures of a man they wish to speak to.
Nine women were sexually assaulted in the space of five weeks around Poplar, Limehouse and Canary Wharf, including in Blackwall Way.
All the incidents took place between Thursday, September 6 and Thursday, October 11 between 6.30pm and 8.40pm.
The suspect has been described as a black male, around 6ft tall and of heavy build, who sometimes rides a pedal bike. He approaches lone women and touches them over their clothing.
Police have organised extra patrols in the area to reassure those living and working there and urge anyone, especially women walking alone, to be vigilant and aware of their surroundings.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man pictured is asked to call Central East Command Unit on 101 quoting CAD6905/13OCT18, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers