Hunt for man who carried out series of sex assaults on women
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating a series of sexual assaults have released pictures of a man they wish to speak to.
Nine women were sexually assaulted in the space of five weeks around Poplar, Limehouse and Canary Wharf, including in Blackwall Way.
All the incidents took place between Thursday, September 6 and Thursday, October 11 between 6.30pm and 8.40pm.
The suspect has been described as a black male, around 6ft tall and of heavy build, who sometimes rides a pedal bike. He approaches lone women and touches them over their clothing.
Police have organised extra patrols in the area to reassure those living and working there and urge anyone, especially women walking alone, to be vigilant and aware of their surroundings.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man pictured is asked to call Central East Command Unit on 101 quoting CAD6905/13OCT18, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 4 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Unmesh Desai: British Bangladeshi community is important part of the East End
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff