Police witness appeal after shooting on Isle of Dogs near Canary Wharf
Police are appealing for witnesses this-morning to a shooting in London’s East End.
They were called to Byng Street in Millwall on the Isle of Dogs, close to Canary Wharf, at 7.30pm last night.
A man was found in the street with several gunshot wounds. He was taken by ambulance to hospital and is said to be in a critical condition this-morning.
Detectives have been carrying out door-to-door inquiries in the neighbourhood.
“We don’t know if there was a motive,” a police spokesman told the Advertiser. “We are keeping an open mind at this stage, but need to speak to anyone who was in the area who may have information.”
You may also want to watch:
Police cordoned off the street last night while forensic specialists examined the pavement where the man, believed to be in his 40s, was shot.
Detectives from the Met’s new Trident Gang Command have begun a full-scale investigation.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
Scotland Yard this-morning issued an appeal for witnesses or anyone with information to dial 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.