Witness appeal after Bethnal Green ‘corrosive substance’ attack in the street
- Credit: MPS
A woman and two men have been attacked with a ‘corrosive substance’ in Bethnal Green.
Now detectives today are appealing for witnesses following the assault in Old Bethnal Green Road at around 1am on Wednesday.
Police gave first aid at the scene of the attack. One of the men was taken to the |Royal London Hospital and treated for injuries that were described as non-life threatening.
Several vehicles were also damaged following the disturbance, police said.
“This was outside a block of flats and we’re sure people would have heard and seen the disturbance,” Det Con Angus Handley said. “I would urge anyone who hasn’t yet spoken to police to come forward as it’s imperative we get as much information as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Three men have been charged in connection with the investigation, Scotland Yard confirmed today.
None of the victims had serious injuries, but police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact the Central East Command on 101, with reference 315/03Apr.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week