Police witness appeal over Hackney Road assault
Officers are appealing for information after a man was hit in the face with a glass bottle while walking in Hackney Road, at the junction with Columbia Road.
The 41-year-old victim was with a friend at 4.20am when he was approached by two dark skinned males and offered drugs on October 16, which they declined.
The victim was then struck by one of the suspects sustaining cuts to his eyes and lip that required stitches.
Both suspects, who are described as being 20 to 25 years old, with east London accents, slim builds and wearing dark clothing, then walked off along Columbia Road.
One is 6ft tall and the other is 6ft 1in to 6ft 3 ins tall with a darker complexion.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information contact DC Darcia Babb in the Violent Crime Unit on 0207 275 4772 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel