Poplar arson attacks and traffic collision could be linked, cops say
COPS believe a dispute between youths, a traffic accident and subsequent arson attacks on Poplar’s Will Crooks estate may be linked.
One young man sustained a broken leg when he was involved in a traffic accident following an altercation between youths around 4pm on Saturday.
Officers say the circumstances of the collision are being investigated although there is nothing to suggest at this early stage that the collision was a deliberate act.
But in the early hours of this morning (Monday) lit fluid was thrown at two flats, one in Mallam Gardens and a second in Dingle Gardens. The incidents occurred just after midnight.
No one was injured and no significant damage was caused to either property.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Stewart Garrick of Tower Hamlets Police, said: “We would encourage anyone who may have witnessed these incidents or that may have any background knowledge to these incidents to contact police.”
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact the violent crime unit at Limehouse Police Station on 020 7275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 5 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs