Poplar arson attacks and traffic collision could be linked, cops say
COPS believe a dispute between youths, a traffic accident and subsequent arson attacks on Poplar’s Will Crooks estate may be linked.
One young man sustained a broken leg when he was involved in a traffic accident following an altercation between youths around 4pm on Saturday.
Officers say the circumstances of the collision are being investigated although there is nothing to suggest at this early stage that the collision was a deliberate act.
But in the early hours of this morning (Monday) lit fluid was thrown at two flats, one in Mallam Gardens and a second in Dingle Gardens. The incidents occurred just after midnight.
No one was injured and no significant damage was caused to either property.
Det Insp Stewart Garrick of Tower Hamlets Police, said: “We would encourage anyone who may have witnessed these incidents or that may have any background knowledge to these incidents to contact police.”
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact the violent crime unit at Limehouse Police Station on 020 7275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 6 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend