Poplar arson attacks and traffic collision could be linked, cops say
COPS believe a dispute between youths, a traffic accident and subsequent arson attacks on Poplar’s Will Crooks estate may be linked.
One young man sustained a broken leg when he was involved in a traffic accident following an altercation between youths around 4pm on Saturday.
Officers say the circumstances of the collision are being investigated although there is nothing to suggest at this early stage that the collision was a deliberate act.
But in the early hours of this morning (Monday) lit fluid was thrown at two flats, one in Mallam Gardens and a second in Dingle Gardens. The incidents occurred just after midnight.
No one was injured and no significant damage was caused to either property.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Stewart Garrick of Tower Hamlets Police, said: “We would encourage anyone who may have witnessed these incidents or that may have any background knowledge to these incidents to contact police.”
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact the violent crime unit at Limehouse Police Station on 020 7275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow