Poplar arson attacks and traffic collision could be linked, cops say
COPS believe a dispute between youths, a traffic accident and subsequent arson attacks on Poplar’s Will Crooks estate may be linked.
One young man sustained a broken leg when he was involved in a traffic accident following an altercation between youths around 4pm on Saturday.
Officers say the circumstances of the collision are being investigated although there is nothing to suggest at this early stage that the collision was a deliberate act.
But in the early hours of this morning (Monday) lit fluid was thrown at two flats, one in Mallam Gardens and a second in Dingle Gardens. The incidents occurred just after midnight.
No one was injured and no significant damage was caused to either property.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Stewart Garrick of Tower Hamlets Police, said: “We would encourage anyone who may have witnessed these incidents or that may have any background knowledge to these incidents to contact police.”
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact the violent crime unit at Limehouse Police Station on 020 7275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park