Poplar Good Samaritan assaulted at station
- Credit: BTP
Stepping in to prevent a woman being harassed left a Poplar man hospitalised after a violent attack.
The 38-year-old was at West Ham station at around 11.15pm on Saturday, September 6 when he saw a group of young men harassing a woman on a footbridge, throwing her luggage around.
He went over to tell them to leave her alone but they turned on him, attacking him for several minutes and breaking a bottle over his head, causing injuries which left him hospitalised overnight..
Police now wish to speak to the eight men pictured, who they believe have information about it.
Det Con Paul Miller said: “It is shocking that this man was subjected to such a violent attack simply for going to the aid of another person.”
You may also want to watch:
If you recognise the men, call British Transport Police on 0800 405040, quoting TSUB/B9 of 07/10/2014, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant