Poplar shop is closed down for anti-social and criminal behaviour on its premises
- Credit: Archant
A shop in Poplar which is claimed to have been a magnet for drug dealers and yobs has been temporarily closed down by the courts.
Officers and social landlords Tower Hamlets Homes took action against Feruz Super Store in Pennyfields, following a catalogue of complaints from fed-up residents and traders about its activities.
Evidence was gathered including witness accounts and drug paraphernalia found on the premises to compile a damning dossier which was presented at Thames Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The courts granted a three month closure with immediate effect.
Sgt Paul Stock from Tower Hamlets Police said: “Feruz Super Store was subject to a number of reports of anti-social behaviour and was identified as an area where serious nuisance and the safeguarding of youths were cause for concern.
You may also want to watch:
“Responding to residents’ concerns, this measure has been adopted in an attempt to reduce instances of such behaviour.”
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 3 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 4 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 9 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 10 Man who died in Mile End park named