Pregnant woman stabbed by masked robber in Bethnal Green
A pregnant woman was stabbed and robbed by a masked thief after he bundled her into the back of a minicab in Bethnal Green.
The mum-to-be tried to protect herself by telling the man she was 20 weeks pregnant, but he continued the vicious attack and stabbed her in the leg before running off with her handbag on Tuesday (December 11).
He had been trying to rob the minicab driver in Claredale Street at about 5.30pm, but turned his attention to the woman as she approached the car and he pushed her into the back.
After the attack, the suspect ran away on foot while the woman, who is in her 30s, was rushed to hospital for treatment. She was discharged later that night, and her unborn child was unharmed.
Officers from the Bethnal Green Robbery Squad are investigating and appealed for witnesses and information.
You may also want to watch:
Although the suspect wasn’t seen with a bike, he was wearing a cycle face mask that covered his mouth and nose.
He was described as a light-skinned black male in his late teens. He was about 5ft 11in and had a slim build.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 6 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 7 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 8 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 9 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8217 3743, or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.