Pregnant woman stabbed by masked robber in Bethnal Green
A pregnant woman was stabbed and robbed by a masked thief after he bundled her into the back of a minicab in Bethnal Green.
The mum-to-be tried to protect herself by telling the man she was 20 weeks pregnant, but he continued the vicious attack and stabbed her in the leg before running off with her handbag on Tuesday (December 11).
He had been trying to rob the minicab driver in Claredale Street at about 5.30pm, but turned his attention to the woman as she approached the car and he pushed her into the back.
After the attack, the suspect ran away on foot while the woman, who is in her 30s, was rushed to hospital for treatment. She was discharged later that night, and her unborn child was unharmed.
Officers from the Bethnal Green Robbery Squad are investigating and appealed for witnesses and information.
You may also want to watch:
Although the suspect wasn’t seen with a bike, he was wearing a cycle face mask that covered his mouth and nose.
He was described as a light-skinned black male in his late teens. He was about 5ft 11in and had a slim build.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8217 3743, or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.