Couple arrested on Isle of Dogs after Lamborghini rams police car
- Credit: MPS
A man wanted by police after a Lamborghini rammed a police vehicle has been arrested on the Isle of Dogs.
Four officers were injured in the police chase incident at Bexleyheath.
The wanted 30-year-old was arrested at an address in Millwall in a targeted Met Police operation by the Specialist Crime command.
He is being held on suspicion of “kidnap and blackmail” as well as assault on police, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
The man was traced to Millwall after his Lamborghini Urus had crashed into a police vehicle at Bexleyheath Broadway in south-east London on October 5. Four officers were said to have suffered whiplash injuries as a result.
You may also want to watch:
“It was fortunate that no-one was seriously injured,” Det Chief Insp John Swinfield said later. “The (incident) was extremely serious and reckless.”
A woman also aged 30 was arrested in the swoop on the Isle of Dogs address and held on suspicion of “assisting an offender”. Both are currently in custody.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Leyton Orient have a big summer ahead of them insists director Ling
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'