Couple arrested on Isle of Dogs after Lamborghini rams police car
- Credit: MPS
A man wanted by police after a Lamborghini rammed a police vehicle has been arrested on the Isle of Dogs.
Four officers were injured in the police chase incident at Bexleyheath.
The wanted 30-year-old was arrested at an address in Millwall in a targeted Met Police operation by the Specialist Crime command.
He is being held on suspicion of “kidnap and blackmail” as well as assault on police, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
The man was traced to Millwall after his Lamborghini Urus had crashed into a police vehicle at Bexleyheath Broadway in south-east London on October 5. Four officers were said to have suffered whiplash injuries as a result.
You may also want to watch:
“It was fortunate that no-one was seriously injured,” Det Chief Insp John Swinfield said later. “The (incident) was extremely serious and reckless.”
A woman also aged 30 was arrested in the swoop on the Isle of Dogs address and held on suspicion of “assisting an offender”. Both are currently in custody.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man