Rapist jailed after woman, 23, put through 4-hour ordeal in her east London home
- Credit: MPS
A man has been jailed for eight-and-a-half years for raping a 23-year-old woman in her own home in a terrifying ordeal lasting four hours.
Mustafa Osman, 36, got into her home in east London and assaulted her, then forced her to take off her clothes before subjecting her to several attacks.
He threatened to find her and ruin her life if she told anyone.
The woman eventually managed to leave the house when she persuaded Osman that she had to go to work, where police were called.
Osman was arrested a week after the attack in November last year and went for trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court last month.
You may also want to watch:
“This young woman was subjected to a torturous ordeal for four hours and put in fear for her life,” Det Con Richard Wren said after the trial. “I hope Osman’s sentence goes someway to restoring her sense of personal safety.”
Osman, from Tottenham in north London, was found guilty by a jury of two rapes and digital penetration and was jailed last week.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 5 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them