Rapist jailed after woman, 23, put through 4-hour ordeal in her east London home
- Credit: MPS
A man has been jailed for eight-and-a-half years for raping a 23-year-old woman in her own home in a terrifying ordeal lasting four hours.
Mustafa Osman, 36, got into her home in east London and assaulted her, then forced her to take off her clothes before subjecting her to several attacks.
He threatened to find her and ruin her life if she told anyone.
The woman eventually managed to leave the house when she persuaded Osman that she had to go to work, where police were called.
Osman was arrested a week after the attack in November last year and went for trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court last month.
“This young woman was subjected to a torturous ordeal for four hours and put in fear for her life,” Det Con Richard Wren said after the trial. “I hope Osman’s sentence goes someway to restoring her sense of personal safety.”
Osman, from Tottenham in north London, was found guilty by a jury of two rapes and digital penetration and was jailed last week.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 7 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 8 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 9 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 10 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend