Rapist jailed after woman, 23, put through 4-hour ordeal in her east London home
- Credit: MPS
A man has been jailed for eight-and-a-half years for raping a 23-year-old woman in her own home in a terrifying ordeal lasting four hours.
Mustafa Osman, 36, got into her home in east London and assaulted her, then forced her to take off her clothes before subjecting her to several attacks.
He threatened to find her and ruin her life if she told anyone.
The woman eventually managed to leave the house when she persuaded Osman that she had to go to work, where police were called.
Osman was arrested a week after the attack in November last year and went for trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court last month.
You may also want to watch:
“This young woman was subjected to a torturous ordeal for four hours and put in fear for her life,” Det Con Richard Wren said after the trial. “I hope Osman’s sentence goes someway to restoring her sense of personal safety.”
Osman, from Tottenham in north London, was found guilty by a jury of two rapes and digital penetration and was jailed last week.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 9 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears