Rapist jailed after woman, 23, put through 4-hour ordeal in her east London home
- Credit: MPS
A man has been jailed for eight-and-a-half years for raping a 23-year-old woman in her own home in a terrifying ordeal lasting four hours.
Mustafa Osman, 36, got into her home in east London and assaulted her, then forced her to take off her clothes before subjecting her to several attacks.
He threatened to find her and ruin her life if she told anyone.
The woman eventually managed to leave the house when she persuaded Osman that she had to go to work, where police were called.
Osman was arrested a week after the attack in November last year and went for trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court last month.
You may also want to watch:
“This young woman was subjected to a torturous ordeal for four hours and put in fear for her life,” Det Con Richard Wren said after the trial. “I hope Osman’s sentence goes someway to restoring her sense of personal safety.”
Osman, from Tottenham in north London, was found guilty by a jury of two rapes and digital penetration and was jailed last week.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single