Revealed: The 10 most crime-ridden streets in Tower Hamlets
- Credit: MPS
More than 110 crimes were reported in Tower Hamlets on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveal.
A total of 3,586 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
The latest statistics show anti-social behaviour accounted for a quarter (28.4 per cent) of crimes, with 1,020 reported over the period.
Violence and sexual offences made up a fifth of reported criminal activity, or 548 incidents.
Officers were alerted to a crime related to weapons possession on average nearly every day, according to the data.
You may also want to watch:
Analysis by the Advertiser reveals Maples Place in Whitechapel as the most crime-ridden street in the borough.
Here, 32 crimes took place during the month, compared to 26 in second-place Barncroft Road, in Globe Town.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 3 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.