Revealed: The 10 most crime-ridden streets in Tower Hamlets
- Credit: MPS
More than 110 crimes were reported in Tower Hamlets on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveal.
A total of 3,586 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
The latest statistics show anti-social behaviour accounted for a quarter (28.4 per cent) of crimes, with 1,020 reported over the period.
Violence and sexual offences made up a fifth of reported criminal activity, or 548 incidents.
Officers were alerted to a crime related to weapons possession on average nearly every day, according to the data.
Analysis by the Advertiser reveals Maples Place in Whitechapel as the most crime-ridden street in the borough.
Here, 32 crimes took place during the month, compared to 26 in second-place Barncroft Road, in Globe Town.
- 1 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 2 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 6 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 7 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 10 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.