Revealed: The 10 most crime-ridden streets in Tower Hamlets
- Credit: MPS
More than 110 crimes were reported in Tower Hamlets on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveal.
A total of 3,586 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
The latest statistics show anti-social behaviour accounted for a quarter (28.4 per cent) of crimes, with 1,020 reported over the period.
Violence and sexual offences made up a fifth of reported criminal activity, or 548 incidents.
Officers were alerted to a crime related to weapons possession on average nearly every day, according to the data.
You may also want to watch:
Analysis by the Advertiser reveals Maples Place in Whitechapel as the most crime-ridden street in the borough.
Here, 32 crimes took place during the month, compared to 26 in second-place Barncroft Road, in Globe Town.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 4 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett
- 5 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 6 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 7 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 8 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 9 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 10 Live audience ban forces east London talent show to go on YouTube
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.